Founded in 1991, Grove Hall’s Project R.I.G.H.T. (Rebuilding & Improving Grove Hall Together) is the lead agency working with the Boston Public Health Commission’s VIP initiative in Grove Hall. Project R.I.G.H.T. Inc (PRI). is located in the heart of Grove Hall.
The mission of PRI, is to empower neighborhood residents and youth by building the capacity of individuals, resident-based organizations/associations by providing leadership and support to their organizing and civic activities. PRI was also instrumental in leading the community design processes for such projects as:
- The construction of the Lilla G. Frederick Pilot Middle School,
- The renovation of the Jeremiah E. Burke High School and the Grove Hall Community Center.
- Relocation of the Grove Hall Library Branch
- Community Design process for Children's Park, Martin Luther King, Jr. K-8 Schoolyard Initiative
- Michael Haynes Early Education Center Schoolyard Initiative
Grove Hall VIP
The Grove Hall VIP Coalitions seek to endow, inform and strengthen capacity building in the Grove Hall neighborhood. In addition, the coalition also mobilize the neighborhood to respond in the event that an incident of violence takes place in the community. PRI also host a series of monthly events, activities and meetings to discuss topics that affect their neighborhoods such as youth leadership, afterschool and summer camp opportunities, employment opportunities, addressing community disorder (abandon property, cars, lighting issues etc.),health and wellness services, public safety, neighborhood responses to violence and MBTA/school safety issues.
Grove Hall VIP Coalition Meetings consists of the Community Residents/Partners, VIP Coordinator/Block Captains and Boston Police Officers, City Councilors, State Representatives, and a host of community residents and businesses. For dates and times for the Grove Hall Coalition Meetings, please see below:
- School Safety Meetings – 1st Friday of each month (rotating between schools. Please
Contact PRI @ (617) 541-5454)
- The VIP targeted Resident Association Meetings-1st Wednesdays & Thursdays of the month (6:30 on) at Project RIGHT (320 A Blue Hill Ave)
- Blue Hill Avenue Neighborhood Response Team -2nd and 4th Wednesdays at 3 PM-Please
Contact PRI @ (617) 541-5454
- Project RIGHT, Inc. Monthly Membership Meeting-1st Tuesday of each month, 6 PM @ Grove Hall Community Center, 51 Geneva Ave
- Grove Hall Safe Neighborhood Imitative -2nd Thursday of month (February, April, June, September, November), GH Community Center
- Grove Hall Senior Workshop- 3rd Tuesday of each month, 11 AM, GH Community Center
- Grove Hall Youth Workers Alliance – Monthly (Wednesday, noon, location rotates. Please
Contact PRI @ (617) 541-5454)
Come Join us!
Grove Hall VIP Contacts
There are many ways you can get involved in your community and connect with resources. Community mobilization can enhance your ability to have influence and control over your environment. For more information about the Grove Hall VIP or help with prevention in your neighborhood please contact:
Gloria West, Grove Hall VIP Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-541-5454 ext. 101
Or contact CJ Jacobs and Justin Pomare, VIP Block Captains at email@example.com or call 617-541-5454 ext. 101
Address: 320A Blue Hill Ave, Dorchester, MA 02120
Phone: (617) 541-5454