Men's Health and Recovery is a short-term outpatient substance use counseling program with supportive case management for adult males in Boston. The Program opened in the Fall of 2008 and is staffed by former clinicians and case managers from the Commission's Father Friendly Initiative.
Services We Provide
- Individual substance abuse counseling
- Supportive case management services
- Links to educational and vocational resources
- Psychotherapy and psycho-educational groups, including:
- Relapse Prevention
- Mindfulness and Spiritual-based Relapse Prevention
- Health Education and Exercise for Addiction
- Men's Trauma Group
- Peer Leadership
- 12-step groups
The program serves adult men in metropolitan Boston; however, many of our clients are men of color or ex-offenders. The Men's Health and Recovery staff have proven success in providing culturally sensitive services to vulnerable populations who have been historically hard to engage in treatment.
- 18 years of age
- Resident of Boston or surrounding neighborhoods
- Insurance coverage. The staff can assist men in accessing insurance coverage
- A history of substance abuse or active use with the intention of seeking treatment
Want to Make a Referral or In Need of Our Services?
Please call at 617-534-2185 to make a referral or receive additional information. Intake hours are Mondays and Thursdays from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, as well as Tuesdays from 10:00 AM to 8:30 PM. The program is located at 774 Albany Street, 3rd floor, Boston, MA 02118 (directly across from the Boston Medical Center Emergency Department entrance on Albany Street).
Ellen Martin, LICSW
Director of Outpatient Services